Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Poor immigrants??

I wrote in my last post "the kids at school just don't understand! I actually think they don't feel good about their own lives. They are poor immigrants. They know Sarah is rich."
I got a comment "Poor immigrants?? Isn't that putting somebody else down to lift up your girls spirit?? I feel for your daughter but I think I would have phrased it a bit different.... "

I just want you to know I did not say to my daughter her friend is a poor immigrant. I only wrote that on my blog. I thought it, I didn't say it to Sarah. Sarah doesn't look down on these girls. I don't either. But I do feel they are trying to put Sarah down to make themselves feel better. Sarah loves her friends. She doesn't see where they came from or how much money they have. But the girls do put Sarah down. They gang up on her, and try to make themselves feel good by putting Sarah down. It's turned into a very difficult situation. Sarah loved school when she started this fall. Right now she hates it. She cries every night over the unkindness of these 2 girls. They were her friends. She is a very loyal soul. I'm sure you don't need to be poor or an immigrant to be a bully. I just happen to believe this is why these two beautiful girls feel the need to put my girl down. Perhaps their parents said "well at least we didn't give you away"? I do not want to condemn all immigrants. I come from a family of immigrants. I'm just trying to figure out what could be motivating 2 girls to turn so mean? I only told Sarah they do not understand how much she was wanted! I'm just thinking out loud about what motivates them to be mean. Maybe they don't feel so powerful, and they feel like putting someone else down gives them more power? Any way, sorry for insulting immigrants. I didn't mean it like that! I guess kids have always been mean, but they just seem more mean today then ever! Oh, and thank you for your comments. I can learn from you...I sure am not perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment