Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not a perfect parent to not perfect kids

I put Sarah on the bus this morning. The driver made a comment about how dressed up the other kids were. The little boy in the front seat looked uncomfortable in his 3 piece suite and greased back hair. Oh no! It was picture day, and I forgot all about it. Sarah dresses herself. I had done a double take at the old t-shirt she had put on , but I kept my mouth shut. After all, she was only going to be playing! So I told the driver to wait. I ran to Sarah's room and grabbed a nice bright sweater for her to wear. We will see how it turns out. I have 100's of good photos of my girl. I couldn't get her to wear a dress...she is not into dresses. And no fancy hair stiff for her either. I guess the perfect parents were up all night planning the perfect outfit for their Jr models. But the formal photos I have generally get tossed in a box anyway. So who cares! We are not perfect but We are perfect for each other. God knows how hard life would be with Sarah if I was a perfectionist. Not a pretty thought…no that would not be pretty! And to be honest with you, Sarah is 100% better looking in an old t-shirt then that poor kid in the 3 piece suite was. Why? Because Sarah was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment