Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sarah is sick again


I got a phone call from Sarah's teacher. She has not been herself lately. Today she fell asleep at school. Then when she got home she had a fever. Her Dr's office is closed on Weds afternoon. I'll bring her in to the Dr tomorrow morning. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks she has gotten sick. It could be her Hep B. I need them to check her blood. When a child has Hep B from birth they often have no symptoms. They can remain symptom free their whole life. But if the body recognizes the virus, it will begin to fight it. This is good and bad. It's bad because the person can get very sick. They can even die from liver disease if they go untreated. The good news is that they have very good antiviral drugs. These drugs help most people with Hep B fight the virus. The result could be becoming immune, or healed. I really hope she is healed from this. It honestly isn't such a big deal living with Hep B. I hope for her sake she clears the virus. I write this on my blog for 2 reasons. 1. Please pray for Sarah. She is sick and I would like her to be well. 2. Do not fear the SN Heb B. It is a manageable special need. Adopt Hep B kids. They are great kids!

Learn more here.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for Sarah's recovery and healing!
    Jorja was labeled Hep B and her body fought it off before she got home to us - or she had a false positive when she was a baby. We'll never know - just thankful.

    ReplyDelete