Sunday, September 19, 2010

Courage to stand

Today we had a very special service in the church to bless the kids who are starting school. The first graders bring their back packs to church. Sarah did not want to go. She put on her oldest cloths, and begged to stay home. I made her dress in new cloths, and told her how proud everyone at church are . They would be so happy to see her stand with all the other first grade kids. She was crying by the time we got to church. She would not sit with the other first graders. She didn't want to do it. So I put her back pack under the sit, and told her she didn't have to do it. I was proud of her anyway. It didn't matter. The service went forward. Then when the pastor asked the first graders to come forward, Sarah grabbed her bag and went up on stage. She found the courage she needed. She was the cutest kid up there (of course I'm not very objective). It's so funny how some kids can not wait for a chance to be center stage, and others don't. Sarah doesn't want to be noticed. It was her choice to stand with the others. But afterwards she was so proud! And I am also proud of my brave girl!

1 comment: