Monday, August 2, 2010

The Black Forest

After church we drove down to the Black Forest. It's about one hour south of us. The kids rode a bobsled with Juergen. I took pictures of wild flowers. Jessica didn't want to do much. At least I got her out of the house and away from her computer. The boys didn't behave well on the trip back. It makes me dread the 9-10 hour trip to Texel in Holland. We have our vaction there in about 3 weeks. We talked with them about it. I've had a number of folks tell me it's just the age. I'm not sure that’s true? We raise them to treat others with respect, and I expect it. But I did teach Jr High Sunday school. Many of the boys went through this obnoxious age. 5 years later they are fine young men. I need to grow a thicker skin. This too will pass (I hope), this too will pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment