Saturday, July 18, 2009

They did ok





Juergen and Nicole both worked hard at the church work day. Juergen said that Sarah mostly played and Philip and Thomas did a little of both. That's the most I can expect...and I'm pretty happy they did so well. More and more I feel like we need to give our kids a ladder to climb out of the hole they are in. We can encourage them, and provide the ladder but the effort still has to come from them. So often I wish I had more "control" but I don't. Working with others is a good idea. You wish peers didn't have such a powerful influence, but in this case I'm glad they do. If your in a group of people that are working, you don't seem so cool doing nothing. I got my whole house clean when they were gone. I almost wish Juergen would take the boys somewhere to work every weekend. It seems like a win win to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment