Friday, July 31, 2009

Goals have power


I am having trouble teaching my kids to work. Today I sat them down again. The lecture was on responsibility and accountability. I wasn't sure anything was registering with the boys. I had them in the garden. They each had a small job. They were doing a pretty pitiful job (putting it nicely). Then for some reason I asked Thomas a question. "Thomas, what do you want to be when you grow up"? He said a pilot. I said, "do you really think they will give the responsibility of flying a multi million dollar airplane to a person that sweeps the walkway like you? All of a sudden my son stops using one weak hand to sweep, and grabs his broom with both hands and puts his back into his work. Juergen said I was a genus. I am glad the vision/ goal helped him this time. I will need Gods wisdom to keep on motivating both my sons to work. Goals do have power. If you don’t have a dream…how are you going to make a dream come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment